Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

HEART Christian newspaper | July 15, 2020

Scroll to top

Top

Isis murders 52 Christians in Mozambique

Last updated on June 21st, 2020 at 06:45 pm

Islamic State (Isis) has claimed responsibility for an attack in Mozambique in which churches were burned and 52 young people killed.

Bishop Luiz Fernando Lisboa

Bishop Luiz Fernando Lisboa (Aid to the Church in Need)

Bishop Luiz Fernando Lisboa told Catholic charity Aid to the Church in Need that three districts in the north were attacked by jihadists during Holy Week. In Muidumbe District, 52 young people were slaughtered after refusing to join Isis, although the extremists may have been a local terror group.

Bishop Lisboa added that five or six chapels were set on fire, and even some mosques were burned.

According to Premier News, previous attacks in March had already caused people to flee their homes, allowing thieves to loot the houses.

“The people are so weary and very anxious after what has happened,” Bishop Luiz said.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. View our GDPR / Privacy Policy more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close