Christians thank God after blaze destroys homes
A group of Indian Christians returned home from a Sunday morning service on 27 October to find their homes had all been burnt to the ground.
Despite their devastation, the 73 believers from the town of Sajjapuram Tanuka in Andra Pradesh thanked God that he protected them all at church 5km away while their houses were on fire.
The fire was caused by a gas canister explosion – so many lives would have been lost if the Christians had been at home. But most of their possessions were destroyed, and many lost their life savings. Jai Raju told the British Asian Christian Association (BACA): “This loss has affected me badly but I do not blame God – he saved my life and this is only money.”
BACA are welcoming donations for the families involved at www.britishpakistanichristians.co.uk.